Our products are covered by one-year limited warranty from date of purchase. See below for warranty details.
For non-warranty-based reasons (for example 30 day guarantee), our policy lasts 30 (thirty) days from delivery. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a non-warranty-based return, your item must be directly purchased from theairbolt.com, and in the same condition that you received it with cables/original packaging/instructions. NOTE: Accessories bought separately do not qualify for this offer.
To complete your non-warranty based return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase and you must initiate and complete the return approval process within 30 days of delivery - i.e. it must be approved by our support team @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Once it is approved, it must be shipped within 14 calendars days of the official approval email - you'd need to provide us with the tracking details.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase and it must be approved by our support team @ email@example.com. Once it is approved, it must be shipped within 14 calendars days of the official approval email - you'd need to provide us with the tracking details.
Simply email us and we will look after you and provide the relevant steps to return.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We reserve the right to accept or reject your refund after analysis of the product. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. In some cases when returns are due to defects, we may not require you to send the item back, a video with the issue detailed may suffice.
For non-warranty related returns, if the item is returned opened, has parts accessories or parts missing or has damaged packaging we reserve the right to refuse the return or deduct a restocking fee of up to 45% of purchase price or value of the item.
For warranty related returns, all items (except for manuals) that came in the product box must be sent back including charging cables unless otherwise approved in writing. Not doing so, can result in a rejection of claim/missing item fee.
If your refund is approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 days of receiving the item back.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again, contact your bank/credit card company.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AirBolt GPS Subscription Policy:
Having a subscription provides the GPS with the ability to send location and other data back to you, the user and is imperative to proper functioning of the device. Your GPS typically comes with a free trial period and you can cancel the subscription anytime within this period without incurring further cost. It is your responsibility to manage the subscription renewals/cancelations/activations. Post this period, the subscription is non-refundable for the purchased period of time - you can cancel future renewals at anytime however, as there are no contracts.
Should your GPS not come with a trial for example, perhaps due to a promotion, we still give you 14 calendar day grace period in which we can refund you the cost of subscription.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded under the 30 day return window, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged and under warranty. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and obtain approval.
We will cover the reshipping costs of replacements. Depending on the situation, we may require you to send the item back to us, or at a bare minimum send us a video of the item displaying the fault for our analysis and replacement approval.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
AirBolt GPS Pre-Order Policy - For when GPS was Pre-order:
The AirBolt GPS is a cutting edge product and is currently a pre-order. It is estimated to ship in Quarter 2 2023 (April-June 2023). Whilst we endeavour to deliver by this time frame. as the product is going into production, this timeline is subject to change depending on multiple factors. You can keep across latest developments and updates by viewing this link for the latest on timelines. When you reserve the item we ensure that we purchase the relevant components for your product to be delivered. This essential to avoid variances caused by the Pandemic.
The wait associated with the delivery of the product is why it is currently offered at lower than recommended retail price and a discount is given on subscription costs (to act as an incentive for the time to delivery)
Therefore, should you change your mind, please reach out to us directly as your order maybe subject to a 30% cancellation fee. This policy does not apply to our Kickstarter or Indiegogo Campaigns as they are governed by Kickstarter terms. We do not offer refunds on our crowdfunding campaigns as funds are for product development.
STANDARD WARRANTY POLICY
AirBolt One (1) Year Limited Warranty
For AirBolt Branded Products Only
For Australian consumers: The rights described in this warranty are in addition to the statutory rights to which you may be entitled under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and other applicable Australian consumer protection laws and regulations. Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired.
This warranty gives you specific legal right and you may have other rights that vary from state, province or country (if outside of Australia) other than above permitted by local law. AirBolt does not exclude, limit or suspend other rights that you may have, including those that may arise from the non-conformity of a sales contract. You should consult the laws of your country, province or state for a full listing of what these laws may entail.
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS SUBJECT TO CONSUMER LAW
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AIRBOLT DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, AIRBOLT LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND, AT AIRBOLT'S OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED BELOW. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY (OR CONDITION) MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATION DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
AirBolt warrants AirBolt-branded products listed on theairbolt.com (“AirBolt Product”) against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with AirBolt's published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period"). AirBolt’s published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications.
Please note: All claims made under the AirBolt One-Year Limited Warranty will be governed by the terms set out in this warranty document.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
This Warranty does not apply to any non-AirBolt branded hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with an AirBolt product. Manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers, other than AirBolt, may provide their own warranties to you – please contact them for further information. AirBolt products purchased from non-authorized re-sellers/sellers (e.g. parallel imports) are not covered by our warranty policy. Software distributed by AirBolt with or without the AirBolt brand (including, but not limited to system software) is not covered by this Warranty. Please refer to the licensing agreement accompanying the software for details of your rights with respect to its use. AirBolt does not warrant that the operation of the AirBolt Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. AirBolt is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the AirBolt Product’s use.
This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on unit unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (c) to damage caused by use with a third party component or product that does not meet the AirBolt Product’s specifications; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, water, flood or liquid contact, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the AirBolt Product outside AirBolt’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of AirBolt (g) to an AirBolt Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of AirBolt; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the AirBolt Product; (i) if AirBolt receives information from relevant public authorities that the product has been stolen or if you are unable to deactivate passcode-enabled or other security measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to the AirBolt Product, and you cannot prove in any way that you are the authorized user of the product (eg. by presenting proof of purchase); (j) to product issues due to lack of cellular coverage/poor network conditions.
Before receiving warranty service, AirBolt or its agents may require that you furnish proof of purchase details, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow AirBolt's procedures for obtaining warranty service.
Following warranty service your AirBolt Product or a replacement device will be returned to you as your AirBolt Product was configured when originally purchased, subject to applicable updates. AirBolt may install system software updates as part of warranty service that will prevent the AirBolt Product from reverting to an earlier version of the system software.
You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and information..
Important: Do not open the AirBolt Product. Opening the AirBolt may cause damage that is not covered by this Warranty. Only AirBolt should perform service on an AirBolt Product.
WHAT WILL AIRBOLT DO IN THE EVENT THE WARRANTY IS APPLICABLE?
If during the Warranty Period you submit a claim to AirBolt in accordance with this warranty, AirBolt will, at its option:
(i) replace the AirBolt Product with the same model (or with your consent a product that has similar functionality) formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or
(ii) exchange the AirBolt Product for a refund of your purchase price.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY REPLACEMENT SERVICE?
Please access and review the online help resources described below before seeking warranty replacement. If the AirBolt Product is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources, please contact the place of purchase, an AirBolt representative via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if applicable, an AirBolt retailer store using the information provided below. An AirBolt representative will help determine whether your AirBolt Product requires replacement and, if it does, will inform you how AirBolt will provide it.
Online information with details on obtaining warranty replacement service is provided below.
WARRANTY SERVICE OPTIONS
AirBolt will provide warranty service through one or more of the following options:
(i) Mail-in service. If AirBolt determines that your AirBolt Product is eligible for mail-in replacement, AirBolt will send you instructions on how to properly pack and address your AirBolt product, so that you may ship your AirBolt Product to us. If you do not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Product for transport and we accept no liability for any damage that may occur in transit. Once service is complete, we will return the AirBolt Product to you. AirBolt will pay for shipping back to your location if all instructions regarding the method of packaging and shipping the AirBolt Product are followed. Note, you must send back all items that came with the original product unless otherwise approved in writing.
(ii) Carry-in warranty replacement service (If available at the time). You may return your AirBolt Product to a licensed AirBolt Retailer offering warranty replacements. Replacement will be performed at the location, or the AirBolt Retailer may send your AirBolt Product to the AirBolt head office location to be inspected. Once you are notified that inspection is complete, you will retrieve the AirBolt Product from the AirBolt Retailer unless AirBolt notifies you that the AirBolt Product will be sent directly to your location from the head office location.
AirBolt reserves the right to change the method by which AirBolt may provide warranty replacement to you, and your AirBolt Product’s eligibility to replacement. If you seek replacement warranty service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, AirBolt may replace AirBolt Products that comply with local standards.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, AirBolt is not responsible for the direct, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition or under any other legal theory. This is including but not limited to loss or use; loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits; loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill, loss, damage, compromise or corruption of data, or any or indirect or consequential loss and or damage caused by the replacement of equipment or property or luggage..
SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
No AirBolt reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired. This Warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country in which the AirBolt purchase took place. AirBolt is identified at the end of this document according to the country or region in which the AirBolt Product purchase took place. AirBolt or its successor in title is the warrantor under this Warranty.
EMAIL US AT email@example.com
AB Worldwide Pty Ltd
Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
AirBolt Products and
Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Premium Warranty Terms and Conditions
The terms of premium warranty are outlined below. Please read carefully and should you have any question, reach out for clarification via firstname.lastname@example.org
Never worry about your AirBolt again. The Premium Replacement Warranty has you covered!
What is covered.
- Depending on the product/s warranty is purchased for, this covers the AirBolt Travel Lock, Card or GPS Only (the product/s).
- Loss/theft of the product/s.
- Battery faults/issues causing the AirBolt product/s to behave abnormally.
- Water damage which prevents the AirBolt product/s from operating as intended *
- General damage (non-intentional) causing your AirBolt product/s to malfunction.
- For the AirBolt GPS – Upgrades to the next generation device*
- Anything which is covered under your standard warranty is automatically extended under this new warranty if subscription is paid and active.
*Yearly and bi-yearly plans only.
- Intentional loss/damage
- Elements that do not affect the function of the device – for example, scratches/chips.
- Force Majure
- Damage, theft, lost or anything else covered by insurance.
- This is an annual and bi-annual hardware warranty (with monthly payment options in some cases).
- We may choose to repair or replace your device at our discretion. Replacement device maybe refurbished or not come in original packaging.
- Replacement accessories are not included for example, charging cables.
- For the Lock and Card product/s, the warranty is NOT tied to a serial number and can be applied to ANY AirBolt in YOUR account only
- You do not need to specify which AirBolt the warranty applies to, and this can be determined when requesting a replacement
- For the AirBolt GPS, the warranty is tied to only that device for which you have purchased the Premium Plan for.
- The warranty applies in addition to your Standard 12-Month Warranty
- The warranty can only be claimed and is only valid as long as you have paid your subscription, and you are within your subscription period i.e. you have an active subscription.
- A trial, paused, cancelled (by yourself or by AirBolt), unpaid, overdue or suspended subscription is not considered “active”.
- A 12-month period is defined to begin the day you subscribe to the service until 11:59 pm on the day before 12 months. For example, if you subscribe on January 12th 2024, a 12 month period is until January 11th 11:59pm 2025.
- This is a replacement only warranty and doesn’t not entitle you to a refund.
- For every year (12-month period) since the day you subscribe to the service, you may only claim once for each unit covered. This applies to the offer to upgrade to a newer generation GPS device as part of an active Subscription.
- If you don’t make a claim within a 12-month period, the benefit expires and does not rollover to the following year.
- For the Lock and Card, the units covered depends on the Tier of subscription you have paid for
- For example, should you subscribe on 15th January 2019 to a Tier 2 subscription which covers you for two AirBolt’s, you may make only one claim for each unit per year. This means you can only replace each unit, once, between 15th January 2023 and 14th January 11:59 pm 2024
- Standard Warranty Exception – this restriction is not applicable if your AirBolt is being claimed under its standard warranty
- The warranty is non-transferrable to other people/entities.
- For the GPS, the unit covered is the one you have purchased the warranty for not any other unit and is not transferrable to any other unit.
- As mentioned in Condition 1, this is an annual warranty with monthly payment options. So how does it affect you?
- If you have paid Annually or Bi-annually, there is no extra impact.
- If you are paying monthly, when you make a claim, you must pay out the remainder of your 12-month term for the replacement to be processed.
- It is at AirBolt’s discretion if a replacement is required or if the problem can be solved by following troubleshooting steps.
- When replaced under the Premium Warranty program, the replacement device comes with 30 days standard warranty starting from the day you receive the replacement product
- After the 30 days have expired the replacement will only be covered under the terms of the Premium warranty as long as the subscription is active and valid
- Where possible, we may require you to provide evidence of the issue by sending the AirBolt back to us at your cost or by providing a video of it as determined by the support team
- When a claim is made, the old AirBolt will be disabled and removed from your Account, and you may be required to send it back to us at your expense.
- While a cost of a replacement device is covered, shipping costs of the replacement are not included. You will need to pay for shipping when a replacement is approved.
- The AirBolt’s must be owned by you and warranty is not applicable to AirBolt’s which are shared to you
- This also means that the AirBolt must have been registered to YOUR account at least 30 days before a claim is made
- For GPS – If you are on a premium warranty plan, you may only get a free upgrade once per term i.e. A term is the full length of the warranty purchased – for example, if you purchase annual subscription, you may claim one upgrade one per year. For bi-annual, you may get one, once per two years.
- Shipping is not included.
- Your current subscription will be transferred to the new device and old one disabled.
- You may be required to return the old device back to us.
- As this is an upgrade the new device will come with 30-day standard warranty
- After the 30 days have expired the upgraded device will only be covered under the terms of the Premium warranty as long as the subscription is active and valid
- A change in colour or software does not constitute a new device. It must entail new hardware and must be available in stock on theairbolt.com for you to request a upgrade.
How to Make A Claim
- Simply send us the details of the issue to email@example.com along with proof of purchase (of the device) and we will handle the required from there
- Please also ensure that you have read the Warranty Conditions prior to making a claim
Termination & Cancellation:
- To submit a cancellation request read the details below and reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- While we do not offer any refunds on the Warranty and all sales are final, you may cancel your subscription(s) at any time for no additional charges
- For Annual and Bi-annual Subscriptions:
- cancellation will be effective at the end of your subscription period/ billing cycle i.e. if you subscribe for one year, it will no longer renew once one year is completed
- For Monthly Subscriptions
- The cancellation will be effective at the end of your billing cycle. For example, if you subscribed on the 15th of the month, it will end on 11:59pm of the 14th on the following month
- AirBolt reserves the right to terminate your premium warranty plan at any given time, without refunds, should AirBolt suspect that you, the customer is either abusing the service (including submitting false reports of damaged/ broke devices and/or intentional damage), non-payment, illegal use or for not complying with our terms and conditions.
IMPORTANT! YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE YOU PROCEED. SUBSCRIBING TO THE WARRANTY IS THE EQUIVALENT OF YOUR SIGNATURE AND INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THAT YOU INTEND TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WARRANTY
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall you be entitled to recover any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages from AirBolt or its Others, which you may suffer arising out of, caused by, or in connection with, the use, or inability to use, the Warranty, any inaccuracy, incompleteness or incorrectness contained in the materials displayed, accessed or used as part of the Warranty, or your reliance or acting upon the materials used as part of the Warranty, including any loss or damages in the nature of or relating to lost business, lost savings, lost data and/or profits, regardless of the cause and whether arising in contract, tort, in equity, at law or otherwise, and whether or not AirBolt has or had been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages. You acknowledge and agree that the payments paid by you for the Warranty reflect the allocation of risk set forth in this Agreement and that AirBolt would not enter into this Agreement without these limitations on liability.
You agree to release, remise and acquit AirBolt and its Others from any claims, actions, demands, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever, whether in contract, negligence or tort, at law or in equity, or by statute or otherwise, howsoever caused, with respect to your use of, or our operation of, the Warranty.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless AirBolt and its Others from any claim or demand (including reasonable legal fees, expert fees and other reasonable litigation costs), arising from, incurred as a result of, or in any manner related to, your use of the Warranty, including, but not limited to: a) your breach of this Agreement; b) any misrepresentation made by you to any third party; c) any third party claim in respect of the Warranty involving or related to your or your Customers' use of the Warranty; d) your ability or your Customers' ability to access and use the Warranty; or e) your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations or the rights of any third party.